SmartDR comes pre-configured from Varian and requires clinic/hospital specific setup.
1. Select “Admin” at the computer startup screen and enter the password: RedCat07. SmartDR will automatically start up
2. Click the Settings Icon located at the top right of the screen
3. In the Configuration Screen > System Options, set Log off admin on exit to “False” to be able to log out of SmartDR and not shutdown the computer
Setting the Com Port
The Com Port is the USB Wireless Dongle that speaks with UIO Box. It will never be Com 1.
1. In the Settings screen, navigate to Config and then Advanced Options
2. In the lower left select the Com Port: setting.
3. Choose whatever one is not listed as COM1. In this case COM6
Adding DICOM Servers
1. Select DICOM from the Left side of the screen
2. Select the Storage tab
3. Click the Add button to add a new server
4. Enter the SoundBank Information.
IP: Set by installer at clinic or given by clinic IT person
AE Title: SOUNDEKLINPACS01
5. Click the box for Supports Auto Send.
6. Click the Save button
7. Add the AIS server by clicking the Add button
- Name: AIS
- IP: 22.214.171.124
- AE Title: emailed by Heather. If you do not have an AIS AE title, please use this form to request one
- Port: 104
9. Click the box for Supports AIS
DO NOT SELECT AUTO SEND
10. Select the SoundBank server from your Storage Devices list by clicking on the SoundBank box in the Storage Device tray
11. Select the Default button to the right
12. Click the Save button
1. In the Setup menu under Config , choose the Site Information tab
2. Add the clinic name in the Site Name:
3. You can add the site address or leave it blank
1. In the setup menu select Users from the menu on the left
3. Fill in the information for each doctor
- Username: must be doctor’s first and last name (i.e. Donald Smith)
- Password: use password
- Email Address: not needed
- Vet – ensure Vet is selected
5. Fill out information for the Tech login
- Username: tech
- Password: tech
- First Name / Last Name: tech
- Ensure Tech is selected from the user below
Ensure the following preferences are highlighted in the panel to the right in order to optimize search capabilities at the patient screen.
- Patient ID
Before calibrating your plate in SmartDR, please ensure that the following has been completed:
- Plate is centered and locked to tube stand
- You have done a 3 shot calibration in Viva
2. IGNORE THE INSTRUCTIONS on the screen. Follow the steps below
- Set SID to 40″
- Open collimator blades and ensure that the panel is fully illuminated
- Ensure that there is nothing in the beam path
- Set KVP and MAS to the settings used in Viva
4. Your panel will take several moments to prepare. The Instructions section will provide updates
5. Take your first shot when the Instructions show you the kvp, mas, and SID to fire. IGNORE the kVp, mAs, and SID settings. Use the previous settings from your Viva calibration (i.e. for a 4343, kVp start around 54 kVp and 2.5 mAs)
6. Your Instructions status will change after your shot to “Performing Calculations, please stand by…” When your system is ready for the next shot, the insructions will read “1. Set kVp to: 70, etc….” and your Current Status will read what shot number you are on. Take your next shot.
7. After 8 shots, the SmartDR status will read Calibration Successful
10. RESTART SYSTEM AFTER CALIBRATION. If you do not restart your system, you will not be able to take an x-ray in the acquisition screen.
With the recent updated to SmartDR version 1.05, there is no need to change the hanging protocols if the plate has the cable coming out the back right. When the Default Panel Rotation is set to “0,” the hanging protocols should be correct
If you need to change the Hanging Protocols for any reasons, please contact Technical Support.
Summit X-Ray Generator Integration
Sound SmartDR Generator Integration allows your SmartDR to automatically control a Summit HF Generator based off the animals anatomy and weight. This is done by connecting the generator and the acquisition computer via a serial cable. This cable is included with every SmartDR accessory kit. If you are using the All-In-One acquisition station, you will connect via a USB to Serial Adapter pictured below. If this is an older SmartDR, you can connect directly to the PC.
If the Summit HF is newer than Nov 2016, you will just need to add the X-ray Integration Kit to to the Summit Generator and connect the 9-pin serial cable to the Sound Acquisition Computer. Click here for generator integration kit instructions.
5. Select the correct COM port from the Port drop down box.
If you are using a Dell mini tower acquisition computer, select COM1
If you are using the Dell All-In-One Acquisition with the USB-to-Serial cable, select the open COM Port (COM1 is in use, the other COM will be used for the UIOv3 box).
7. When you begin a study, you will now see a KVP/MAS icon in the Acquisition screen. The technique will adjust based on the weight and body part entered into SmartDR.
Pressing the KVP/MA button will bring up a Generator Dialogue Box. You can adjust the KVP and mAs manually if needed. The generator will match what is entered on the screen.
If you need assistance configuring SmartDR to work with the Generator Integration, please contact Technical Support.